Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Getting dumped with class


I once got dumped by a girlfriend at a John O'Connor recital in the Pro-Cathedral in Dublin, says my That's Men for You column in today's Irish Times. I always thought it a pretty classy way to be given the push. She proved her credentials as a music lover by waiting for the last concert in the series before turning to me during a lull in the performance and whispering "I think we ought to stop seeing each other." The column is part of The Irish Times' premium content so I can't reproduce it here.

The column discusses examples of dumping lovers and getting dumped by them, including this beaut from a page on this topic in the Sydney Morning Herald's Mashup blog:

"Have only been married once, and never again! I collected some of my husbands favorite clothes and valuables eg laptop..stero playstation etc and placed them into his brand new porche. I drove the car to musgrave park in brisbane and left the doors open and keys in ignition. I took a photo with my phone and caught a taxi home. I sent the photo via mms the next morning. This included, my txt of 'Dont you hate it when your wife catches you sleeping with her cousin! see you next in court!' xox The car was later found burnt out. It felt great, considering the car meant more to him than i ever did."

Sheer class!

No comments: